Meet Keith Henry
Hi, I’m Keith Henry
WHERE I COME FROM
Keith Henry’s wife is a native of the South Acres Community in Texas City, while he is a native of Galveston, Texas. Sometime after Keith began residing in Texas City on Nightingale, where his grandmother was one of the first African- American homeowners, he later met his wife. Keith and his wife have three beautiful children.
Mr. Henry and his twin brother grew up in public housing with a mother who worked multiple jobs to provide for them. Kevin (Keith’s twin) and his wife Pauletta and their daughter currently reside in the Greater Houston metroplex.
A THRIVING CAREER
Mr. Henry has worked at every level of government, in addition to having nonprofit experience. He has been published in over four publications, obtained a Masters of Public Administration from Texas Southern University, a Bachelor of Arts & Letters in English/Minor in Journalism from the State University of New York College at Buffalo State College, (Buffalo, NY). Notably, while attending Buffalo State, Commissioner Henry was an All-conference and All-Academic track athlete.
- American Society for Public Administrators and Toastmasters, Inc. | Since 2010
- Conference of Minority Public Administrators. | Since 2010
- Galveston County 40 Under 40 Honoree | 2020
- National Association of the Advancement of Colored People | Since 2017
- National Education Association | Since 2019
- Texas State Teachers Association | Since 2019
- City of Texas City (TX) District 1 Commissioner | Elected 2020
- National Honor Society Faculty Advisor | Appointed 2020
- Texas Municipal League | Since 2020
- Texas Black Democrats 40 under 40 Honoree | 2021
Equality Meets Opportunity
Keith Henry has spent most of his career fighting for justice and cultivating equitable opportunities for the most vulnerable among us by developing an estimated $200 million in public funding projects.
Mr. Henry understands the lack of women in leadership, the essential need for criminal justice reform, community revitalization, youth development, and ensuring a robust workforce.
While in office, Mr. Henry worked arduously to ensure he implements these initiatives.