Public Policy and Initiatives
Created Workforce Development Taskforce: Strategic community partners throughout Galveston county are working to train and provide livable wage employment for the formerly incarcerated and indigent populations.
Co-Founded Inter-County Plan of Action Collaborative with local elected officials and NGO leaders to address increased violence in Southern and Mid-Galveston county.
Youth Development: Via community policing and athletics: Youth and parents will engage in social skills and conflict resolution training.
- Quarterly Community Policing Town Hall with Senior Law Enforcement Officials: Mayor Johnson, Chief Stanton were intrical in approving this initiative.
- Mentorship Program: Officer Tim Herd and Commissioner Henry implemented a mentorship program for ages 14-19.
- Parks and Recreation: After School Program for ages 6-12 was instituted in early February 2021.
Community Matters 2030: (Mayor Johnson’s Steering Committee) Selected Cameron Pratt and TCISD Board President Ms. Nakisha Paul to represent District 1.
Book loaner Program
Reading Literacy: “Little Free Library” at Carver Park Recreation Center.
Spring Baseball: Negotiated with the Galveston County Baseball Association to have Spring Baseball at Carver Park. The objective is to fill the “gap” in “identity projects” by creating programs all year for youth.
Summer 2021 Initiatives
Community Revitalization Initiative:
- Clean City Initiative: Plan is to reduce littering and illegal dumping throughout district 1.
- Addressing food insecurity for seniors and the indigent with dedicated mobile food banks throughout the district.
Texas City Commissioner Keith Henry, a Democrat, announces bid for judge
Local News | The Daily News
Galveston, TX (77553) Today. Clear skies. Low 82F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.. Tonight......
Guest commentary: Those darned millennials can lead us to a better future
Guest Columns | The Daily News
What does it mean to be a young public official who cares about constituents and not be insatiably ambitious? Candidly, this is a question I often .......